1. Remove the keyboard bezel.
2. Close the display.
3. Remove the two M2 x 5-mm screws at the back of the computer that secure the display assembly to the bottom case.
4. Turn the computer upside down on a flat work surface.
5. Remove the two M2 x 4-mm screws at the bottom of the computer that secure the display assembly to the bottom case.
6. Turn the computer right-side up.
7. Open the display.
NOTICE: When replacing the display assembly, the left hinge cover must go over the left hinge and the right hinge cover must go over the right hinge. They are not interchangeable. An L is stamped on the bottom of the left hinge cover and an R is stamped on the bottom of the right hinge cover.
9. Remove the M2 x 9.5-mm screw that secures the LCD flex-cable hold- down clip and the LCD flex-cable connector to the system board assembly.
The M2 x 9.5-mm screw also secures the left side of the modem retainer bracket to the system board assembly.
10. Carefully disconnect the LCD flex-cable connector from the system board.
11. Lift the display assembly from the bottom case assembly.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.