1. Remove the main battery.
2. Remove the device from the media bay.
3. Remove the keyboard assembly.
4. Remove the display assembly.
5. Remove the palmrest assembly.
6. Remove the microprocessor module.
7. Remove any PC Cards or plastic blanks from the PC Card slot.
8. Verify that the PC Card ejectors do not extend from the PC Card slot.
9. Remove the following two screws from the system board assembly (see Figure 23):
• The 4-mm screw with captive washer located on the far left side of the computer between the hard-disk drive assembly and the PC Card slot.
• The 4-mm screw with captive washer located on the far right side of the computer in front of the thermal cooling assembly (TCA) and to the right of the microprocessor module.
- yi NOTE: Locate these screws by looking for the white circles on the system board that outline the captive washers.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.