This section provides the removal procedure for the latch assembly.
To remove the latch assembly, follow these steps (see Figure 4-45):
1. Disconnect the LED cable from connector JP2 on the LED board.
2. Remove the 4-mm screw securing the LED board to the plastic base.
3. Remove the LED board.
4. Remove the two 4-mm screws holding the latch cover for the battery bay and options bay.
5. Remove the latch cover.
6. Remove the center lock over the two latches with springs.
7. Remove each spring and latch.
Be careful not to lose the small springs.
Was this article helpful?