2. Remove the center control cover.
a. Use a scribe to lift the right edge of the center control cover and pry it loose from the bottom case assembly.
b. Lift the center control cover up and away from the bottom case assembly.
4. From the back of the computer, remove the five M2.5 x 5-mm screws labeled with the "circle D." There are two screws on the right hinge and three screws on the left hinge.
5. Open the display assembly approximately 180 degrees and support the display assembly so it does not open past this position.
6. Remove the two M2 x 3-mm screws that secure the EMI shield bracket to the system board assembly.
7. Remove the flex cable EMI shield retention bracket that covers the display-feed flex cable connector on the system board.
8. Pull straight up on the display-feed flex cable connector to disconnect the connector from the system board (see "Display Assembly").
9. Lift the display assembly from the bottom case assembly.
QJ NOTICE: When reconnecting the display-feed flex cable connector to the system board, push down on the top left and right ends of the connector (see "Reconnecting the Display-Feed Flex Cable Connector"). Pressing on the center of the connector may damage resistors and compromise EMI protection in the system.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.