bottom of com bottom of com
hard-disk drive door
Figure 4-6. Hard-Disk Drive Assembly Removal hard-disk drive door
Figure 4-6. Hard-Disk Drive Assembly Removal
1. Turn the computer over, and remove the two 5-mm screws from the hard-disk drive door.
CAUTION: The hard-disk drive is very sensitive to shock. Handle the assembly by its edges (do not squeeze the top of the hard-disk drive case), and avoid dropping it.
2. Grasp the drive door and pull the drive out of the computer.
Memory Module Cover indentation memory module cover indentation memory module cover
CAUTION: Make sure the work surface is clean to prevent scratching the computer cover.
1. Close the display, and turn the computer upside down on a flat work surface.
Insert a fingertip in the indentation in the bottom case assembly and lift the cover slightly; then slide the cover in the direction indicated by the arrow on the cover.
Memory Modules memory module i retaining clips memory module i retaining clips
1. Remove the memory module cover.
2. To avoid possible damage to the memory module from ESD, ground yourself by touching the metal surface of an I/O connector on the computer's back panel.
3. To release a memory module from its socket, gently push outward on each of the memory module's two metal retaining clips.
The memory module should rotate upward out of its retaining clips.
Memory modules can be installed only one way. Do not attempt to force the memory module into the socket. Align the notch near the center of the memory module with the corresponding key in the memory module socket.
Was this article helpful?