The modem assembly is optional. The modem (if present) must be removed before the main system board can be removed (see Figure 21).
NOTICE: To avoid damaging the system board, you must remove the main battery before you service the computer.
Removing the Modem Assembly
1. Remove the main battery and secondary battery (if present).
2. Remove the keyboard assembly.
3. Remove the display assembly.
4. Remove the palmrest assembly.
5. Remove the 10-mm screw and washer securing the modem assembly (see Figure 21).
Replacing the Modem Assembly
1. Press the RJ11 connector of the modem assembly into the hole in the bottom case assembly.
2. Carefully align and press the modem into the system board connector.
3. Replace the internal modem 10-mm screw and washer (see Figure 21).
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.