NOTICE: The reserve battery provides power to the computer's RTC and NVRAM when the computer is turned off. Removing the battery causes the computer to lose the date and time information as well as all user-specified parameters in NVRAM. If possible, make a copy of this information before you remove the reserve battery.
Removing the Reserve Battery
1. Remove the main battery and secondary battery (if present).
2. Remove the device from the modular bay (if present).
3. Remove the keyboard assembly.
4. Remove the display assembly.
5. Remove the palmrest assembly.
7. Remove the two 4-mm screws securing the palmrest bracket. This may loosen the reserve battery EMI spring clip which is secured to the palmrest bracket.
8. Lift the palmrest bracket and turn it over, taking care not to twist the touch-pad cable.
9. Disconnect the reserve battery cable from the connector on the palmrest bracket.
10. Remove the reserve battery from the palmrest bracket as follows:
a. Pry the reserve battery free from the foam pad.
b. Remove the remnants of the foam pad from the palmrest bracket.
NOTES: When you replace the reserve battery, first connect the reserve battery cable to the connector on the palmrest bracket. Then position the reserve battery on the palmrest bracket to minimize slack in the cable.
Carefully reposition the reserve battery EMI spring clip before securing the two 4-mm palmrest bracket screws.
Was this article helpful?