1. Remove the hinge cover.
2. Remove the screw securing the display flex cable to its strain relief, and then use the pull loop to remove the flex cable from the system board.
Q NOTICE: When reconnecting the display flex cable, press down on both ends of the connector, not in the middle. Pressing the middle of the connector can damage fragile components.
3. Remove the display bezel.
4. Remove the M2.5 x 6-mm screw securing the display flex-cable mounting bracket to the top cover assembly.
5. Remove the four M2 x 3-mm screws (two on each side) from the right and left sides of the panel.
6. Lift the display panel and flex cable out of the top cover assembly.
7. Disconnect the display flex cable from the two connectors (a ZIF and a standard connector) on the display panel.
Xa NOTE: If you find a kaption tape on the standard connector, remove it.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.